Reporting into Finance, the Billing and Collection Specialist will be responsible for securing and processing software support renewals in advance of their contract end date and executing all renewal back-end work in a timely manner worldwide. This requires the ability to work with Sales, Customer Success Management and other functions that support customers. You will be responsible for tracking and conducting the renewals activity in SalesForce, preparing customer and partner quotes, securing the renewal, and monitoring incoming payments.
- Own the Critical Path of a renewal transaction to create action and urgency in closing renewals timely and accurately
- Prepare renewal quotes and negotiate prices with clients while maintaining a 95% retention rate
- When applicable, seek appropriate approvals for exceptions to standard pricing and terms
- Facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization by sending reminders and contacting clients with outstanding balances
- Engage with and enlist the efforts of customer support, professional services, and sales as appropriate to ensure customer satisfaction
- Handle renewals-related customer requests
- Keep sensitive company/customer information confidential
- Perform other related tasks as the need arises
The skills below could be acquired from many different experiences – not necessarily from a work role. The important aspect is the ability to perform in the role, not where the experience was acquired.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Word, Excel and SalesForce.
- A working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is preferred
- Ability to manage a process and pay attention to the details
- Demonstrated track record of achieving renewal contract goals
- Experience with direct customer contact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to drive a phone conversation
- Possesses the intellectual curiosity to be a problem solver
- Can effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Works independently while being a member of the team