Certified for Sale on ServiceNow Store
Delivered as a self-service app through your ServiceNow store interface, CMDB Normalization uses an external web service to normalize your ServiceNow CMDB asset information such as company and hardware information and software product information for computers in your estate. CMDB Normalization is a dedicated application and not an integration to an external license or discovery solution. This app requires no external installation or purchase of an external platform or licensing of other tools. By making use of existing data within the ServiceNow CMDB to enrich and reduce inconsistent nomenclature among CI’s service delivery is improved and new capabilities such as Software Asset Management can be addressed.
The highlights of the cloud-based service are:
- Provides multi-platform software and operating system normalization.
- Delivers an up-to-date cloud-based catalog with over a million data points.
- Includes self-service feedback for misses or custom application requests.
- Presents a consistent UI experience through the ServiceNow instance.
- Accepts ServiceNow CMDB data regardless of source with no preprocessing.
CMDB Normalization makes use of a crowd sourced repository of discovered signatures for hardware manufactures and models as well as software publishers and products. Benefits include consistent and constant normalization and categorization with little human intervention. Equally important, the process of enriching this asset normalization database is both continuous and anonymous, providing users with a current and secure software normalization service.
The application may be purchased through the ServiceNow Store. For more information click here.