Location: UK – Remote
Senior Java Software Engineer for development of complex SaaS applications. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in an influential role in the ongoing development of a ground-breaking, complex SaaS product.
Part of a small, focused, experienced team, you will be used to working in a proactive manner with Product Managers, Developers, QA, Operations, Pre-Sales and more in a truly DevOps mindset environment. You are ideally interested in a flexible working environment where your contribution is valued as much for your ideas as your code. You will be experienced in collaborative architectural design processes and achieving consensus that addresses technical, commercial and other requirements. You will be familiar with development tools, techniques and processes that have evolved around cloud-hosted products, and always be looking for opportunities to make improvements in both product and process.
- Working closely with team members to deliver production-ready solutions for complex business problems.
- Develop new product functionality leveraging existing mature but evolving services.
- Extend existing functionality and identify opportunities for refactoring.
- Where necessary, mentor and advise other developers.
- Keep abreast of emerging standards while promoting industry-accepted best practices in software development and design.
- Manage your own time and work both independently and as a part of an agile development team.
- Own all aspects of product design – architecture, performance, scalability, security, coding standards, testability.
- Identify and automate improvements in production processes.
- Strong experience with Java, Spring Framework.
- Strong experience with relational, NoSQL and/or graph databases.
- Experience working in virtualized environments, e.g., Docker, VMware.
- Experience of designing and implementing functionality with the focus on performance.
- Experience of working with scripting languages like Python is desirable.
- Experience of managing and processing data at scale is desirable.
- Familiarity with data science techniques or a mathematical background would be advantageous.
- Demonstrably relevant experience of SaaS architectures, constraints, and design considerations.
- Experience working with Product Management to refine requirements to agreed deliverables and timescales.
Scalable is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from talented individuals from all ethnicities, lifestyles, and backgrounds.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Resume & cover letter may be sent to: email@example.com.