Scalable’s products fall into the category known as Asset Lifecycle Management.
Asset Lifecycle Management is an emerging discipline, focused squarely on driving costs out of IT, and is beginning to attract the attention of major analysts. Asset Lifecycle Management takes the core strengths of traditional asset and configuration management disciplines and infuses then with a dynamic and proactive cost dimension; ensuring the IT assets yield the maximum return on investment from procurement to decommissioning.
Companies embracing Asset Lifecycle Management can guarantee:
- Only software that is needed, and will be productively used, is purchased, licensed and maintained
- License compliance is achieved without unplanned expenditure
- The progressive switch to virtualization does not expose the organization to unforeseen expense
- Deployment, patch management and provisioning costs are reduced to a minimum
- Unused software is proactively identified and recycled to where it’s needed
- An accurate database of hardware and software assets is available at all times
- No unnecessary hardware upgrades occur
- Hardware and software, retirement and decommissioning occurs without business risk or asset leakage
- Printer to employee ratios are optimized to drive down maintenance and consumable costs
The combination of these corporate benefits can dramatically drive costs out of an IT budget. Scalable’s customers routinely report savings measured in millions of dollars