LOCATION: Austin, TX
Scalable Software is seeking a Senior UX Engineer to join a specialist team in our Austin, Texas location.
At Scalable, the Senior User Experience (UX) Engineer is the melding of design and development. The Senior UX Engineer takes product concepts and brings them to production, pushing the limits of user interface design and function. You’ll need both design and technical skills to keep Scalable’s products leading the pack in usability and design. You’ll partner with Designers, Customers and Product Management to define and deliver new technologies, features and concepts. Focus and detail are critical to deliver customer value through a UI that’s a joy to interact with.
While primarily involved with the User Interface as part of a small team, the Senior UX Engineer will work with and as part of the wider product development and delivery organization – the engine driving Scalable.
The UX Engineer reports functionally to the UI Architect.
- Advise, collaborate with and clarify feedback from Designers, Customers and Product Management.
- Develop and ratify imaginative, appealing web and mobile prototypes using the most appropriate technologies and techniques.
- Translate prototypes into a coherent user experience as a crucial part of the product.
- Manage ad-hoc requirement changes, work to tight deadlines.
- Serve as a mentor for non-UX engineers and peers.
- Ensure you stay at the forefront of relevant industry developments, emergent technologies and practices.
The skills below could be acquired from many different experiences. The important aspect is the ability to perform in the role, not where the experience was acquired.
- You will have 3+ years proven experience of working in a UI/UX or similar roles, and be very familiar with user-centered or user-driven approaches.
- You will have played a key role in a major product development.
- You are working with one, some or technologies similar to the following; JQuery, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, Angular.js, Ember.js, GWT, Sencha GXT, etc.
- You will have a working knowledge of Java and Spring.
- You can be very self-directed.
While a technology related higher education is useful, proven experience and ability in the role override any formal qualifications.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.