LOCATION: Austin, TX
Scalable Software is looking for a focused, detail-oriented person to fill a part-time Data Analyst position. The role of the Data Analyst is to ensure the automated update processes are working effectively, and to work on researching and enriching the data where automation cannot be used. Candidates for this position will need to be able to understand basic relation database schema design concepts as well as have the ability to perform research online to identify enrichment data.
- Perform daily review of work queues
- Support data analysis for customer/deal driven opportunities
- Research information about commonly discovered software products
- Identify online resources that describe the licensing requirements for various software products
- Update documentation regarding changes to the data analysis and enrichment process
The skills below could be acquired from many different experiences – not necessarily from a work role. The important aspect is the ability to perform in the role, not where the experience was acquired.
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to quickly understand core concepts and the relationships between data elements
- An understanding of the relationships between a computer, the installed software and the concept of a software license
- Demonstrable experience of using the web as a research tool
- Demonstrable attention to detail in data entry
- Demonstrable experience of reliably following a defined process and achieving task goals
- Demonstrable experience of identifying where a task or process could be improved
- The working language for spoken and written communication is English
The successful candidate will receive training in any aspects required to successfully fill the role, and there will be specific points of contact identified to provide help and assistance at any time.
Currently enrolled in higher education programs in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent with the goal of either an Associates or BA/BS. Relevant experience can substitute.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.